Public Drunkeness
Tony and I want walking around Covent Garden, Soho and Picadilly Circus last night. Ate the ubiquitous curry at 10:30 at night. Saw the wonderful theater district of West End. All so vibrant and beautiful.
But, wow... I have never seen so many massive numbers of absolutely plastered people. Miles and miles of young people, all drunk off their you-know-whats. Puking in public. There have been measures to curtail the behavior, Mayor of London Boris Johnson launched an effort to stop drinking on the train in May. From the look of the numbers stumbling back to the trains leading out of the city, I think a sizable number of these folks are the "bridge and tunnel" crowd swarming in on Friday night to party.
But, wow... I have never seen so many massive numbers of absolutely plastered people. Miles and miles of young people, all drunk off their you-know-whats. Puking in public. There have been measures to curtail the behavior, Mayor of London Boris Johnson launched an effort to stop drinking on the train in May. From the look of the numbers stumbling back to the trains leading out of the city, I think a sizable number of these folks are the "bridge and tunnel" crowd swarming in on Friday night to party.
Comments